I did it! Actually my sister and I did it! We hiked the Clackamas River trail from end to end – a full 8 miles and it was beautiful!
We decided to start on the end of the trail that had the highest elevation so that most of our hike was on a downhill slope. Not that it was easy, but there was one part in the trail that we both agreed would have been a bitch to hike up!
There is a beautiful waterfall right at the 4 mile mark where we decided to stop and have lunch. Besides the main waterfall there were 3-4 other smaller waterfalls – even one where you could walk behind.
And everything was SO green! It was just beautiful!
Grace found a nice mossy rock to scratch her chin on… until Leo showed up.
At the end of the trail there was a bench that had a bunch of trinkets imbedded in it. My guess is that the items were found on the trail at one point or another.
If you are ever in the Mt. Hood area and are looking for a beautiful hike to do, I highly recommend the Clackamas River trail. It’s beautiful and even though it was rated ‘difficult’ it wasn’t too difficult. We were exhausted afterwards, and pretty sore the next day – but still glad we did it!
Okay, now onto project news. As you know I have been working on three projects simultaneously: A bra, a fusion quilt and a shower curtain for Athena. Well, I finished the bra!
I knew going in that this was a practice bra so I allowed myself to make plenty of mistakes. I did ‘unsew’ some parts, but not too much – I didn’t want to waste too much time picking out stitches knowing this was just a practice piece.
Before I cut out the pieces, I took my measurements as instructed… and made the recommended size based off of those measurements even though it was MUCH larger than the ‘ready-to-wear’ size I normally wear. Turns out – it was too small. But now I know I can increase the band measurement AND the cup size for the next one.
I used some scrap fabric I had left over from a top I’m working on for the main fabric. I still have enough left over for another bra. I’m not too thrilled with the lining fabric and will probably try to find something with more substance to it.
and I really don’t like the ‘super mesh’ so think I’ll try to find something else to use. (the Super Mesh is used for the back piece – it’s hard to see in the picture because it’s so thin).
As you can see I didn’t get the elastic on right so the piece is a little large for the ‘hook & eyes’. Overall it was a good learning experience and I did print off the next size up so I can get started on the next bra right away. However, I’m not sure how much sewing I’ll get done this weekend. My goal is to try to paint Athena while the weather is still nice. Water somehow seeped in last winter and I want to make sure it doesn’t seep in again this winter. I did put some sealant on the seams, but I’m thinking a coat a paint can only help.